I visited a K doll one day, ATF I'd seen 7-8 times, and when we'd finished the main event she pulled out her laptop and started showing me new photos she had just had taken and told me she was going to change her name. She showed me two names and wanted to know which one I liked more. Her prior name was very Western (Wxxxx), the new names were more clearly Korean. I gave her my preference but she (or her booker) picked the other one (Rxxx). I always wondered why she changed (BTW, i never reviewed her).
So my thoughts on why the name change:
1) brings in a different clientele, ie a more Korean name may make it more likely a Korean gent will call
2) escape a bad review or reviews: won't work for long if your service is really bad
3) reboot your career from a slow start: even without a bad review a slow start could be refreshed with a new name and new photos
4) escape a stalker bad guy
5) this was a well reviewed provider (pretty much all 8-9-10s, nothing below 7), 60+ reviews, i thought perhaps business had slowed and this was to reinvigorate things (and I think it worked BTW). us K-boppers are a fickle group, always looking for the next new super star...little "brand loyalty".
6) a way to change your service profile, perhaps you want a new set of ground rules, no more rimming, no more bbbj, etc