1) You don't face the mandate unless you're 1/11 people stupid enough to refuse to get insurance over 26 years of age because you're not going to be allowed to freeload and stay out of the pool if you're healthy. Then if you're really stupid you can pay the penalty, tax or whatever and play Russian Roulette and not get insurance. Hobbying will probably not be a valid reason to opt out of he mandate.
2) The health care system now is not working for a variety of reasons that anyone intelligent enough can read about and should be covered fairly well by the largest major newspaper close to you and is being covered by NYT and WSJ with the exception of the morons on the editorial page of WSJ like Peggy Noonan.
3) All of the Red State govs reving up the base will be fools to really refuse the Medicaid money. The Supremes said that they couldn't receive the expansion money which is considerable, billions for most states, if they refused to participate in Medicaid expansion which will now cover a family of 4 133% above poverty income level or $34,000 a year which is less than some people here's hobby budget.
4) I doubt you are even in the category to be a mandate target, i.e. 1/11 are you? But it's something to rail against.
5) How come your candidate is refusing to take any questions from the press at all? The last time he took questions was in a debate. GOP like Sarah, like the losing Senate cdandidate in Nevada literally run through parking lots to avoid being filmed refusing to answser questions from the press. That's not a winning strategy the vast majority of time against a popular guy who is at ease in campaign mode. It sort of worked for Chris Christie against Corzine, but Corzine wasn't all that popular in New Jersey during the campaign the way Obama is.