Atlanta

View: Tree | Flat

they come, they go.

Posted 5/2/2012 at 7:43:37 AM

1 of 34
Perhaps that's just one of the reasons. Another may be that the clients are too cheap. In any event, working girls are a commodity. There is always someone newer, younger, fresher coming down the road. Patience is a virtue, especially when it comes to waiting for the supply of working girls to replenish itself.

Quote:
Posted By: salonpas
Is the competition in Atlanta just too fierce?


 

Posted 5/2/2012 at 7:45:11 AM

2 of 34

Posted 5/2/2012 at 7:52:01 AM

3 of 34
pwilley
Reviews: 59
Send Mail to pwilley
I've had a few of the girls tell me they left because they were not getting many calls.  Typically, they come into Atlanta expecting to demand high rates, and there just aren't that many guys who are willing to go there.

 

Posted 5/2/2012 at 8:05:02 AM

4 of 34
....a "high rate" for ATL would be?

 

Posted 5/2/2012 at 8:15:11 AM

5 of 34
pwilley
Reviews: 59
Send Mail to pwilley
I really can't comment on that since I generally limit myself to a certain threshold.  But, the bottom line is that many visitors just aren't getting calls based on their visiting ads/rates.  Of course there are exceptions.

 

Posted 5/2/2012 at 8:41:13 AM

6 of 34
XLTrojan
Reviews: 42
Send Mail to XLTrojan
Atlanta is notorious for cancellations and no-shows. I hate we have that reputation.

Compared to some of the other cities, for the most part.....I think rates in Atlanta are very fair. There a couple of local ladies I'd love to see that are out of my price range, but that's their business, not mine and my loss. In my business, I charge what I think the market will bear.

 

Posted 5/2/2012 at 8:49:18 AM

7 of 34
IamR1911
I think its 2 main things...

Pricing - I think the *average* rates for a limited time experience in Atlanta are 200 - 450 for a decent outing with a nice looking lady.  Anything outside of this is going to be seen as either a YMMV (if too low) and a 'bit pricey' (if exceeding this amount).  I see that a lot of travelling providers have different rates for different cities.  Those that come here charging a grand or more usually leave with little to no calls but may fully get that in NYC or other more major cities with international traffic volume

Notification - Also a lot of girls don't advertise appropriately, don't have reviews, etc. which hurts their visit or city scouting as well.  I've met quite a few who change their numbers frequently and didn't know that it kind of puts them 'off-the-radar' in terms of people looking for referrals of how their date experience went with others

 

Posted 5/2/2012 at 9:05:01 AM

8 of 34
Count de Monet
Lots of girls come to Atlanta from smaller cities all over the south
to make a living, some get into this as a temporary thing.  Others come and go
to find a better less competative market for their wares.  Many newbs find atlanta to be a close knit community and find it hard to break in without paying their dues at an agency
or build their own clientel.

 

Posted 5/2/2012 at 9:08:44 AM

9 of 34
2hot4u2
Reviews: 228
Send Mail to 2hot4u2
by the economy downturn.Household  income has dropped ,
   
   Atlanta Business News 8:58 a.m. Friday, January 28, 2011

   Text size:
   Decrease
   Increase

Metro Atlanta ranked 3rd nationally in 2010 foreclosure activity

 

Posted 5/2/2012 at 9:19:31 AM

10 of 34
Bucky11
Reviews: 57
Send Mail to Bucky11
A couple things are in play. There are the basic laws of economics - supply and demand. A provider might come to ATL and not have built her reputation within the community. The highly rated ladies of ATL have worked hard at standing apart from the rest.

In order to not be seen as a commodity, a savvy marketing person might say that one has to build brand awareness - and differentiate their services from the rest.

My two cents.

 

Posted 5/2/2012 at 9:51:22 AM

11 of 34
Bucky, Your reply makes perfect sense to me.  Thank you for taking the time to share your point of view.   I agree with your statement.  Brand awareness, consistent quality and reputation creates brand loyalty.  Not everyone takes those business  points into consideration.  Kudos for your input!

 

Posted 5/2/2012 at 10:18:42 AM

12 of 34
KissMyAuraDora
"Atlanta is notorious for cancellations and no-shows. "

Yes it is....& it's done on purpose. Atlanta is a "Known " Agency town....& some of them have their johns, I mean clients call & schedule, then cancel (can you say thank you discounts) on the touring girls so they don't come back...& that's the truth. That's the REAL reason you don't see many touring girls around Atlanta.

EOM

 

Posted 5/2/2012 at 12:14:36 PM

13 of 34
xyz23
Reviews: 25
Send Mail to xyz23
about ladies that tour coming to Atlanta or they Move here and begin providing and leave when it doesn't go well.

Completely different things.

Seems most of the answers given were in regard to touring providers.
My observation is it's hard to break in where there is already a very fine selection present in your field of endeavor.  You can make it but it takes time and you have to work to make things happen.

Some new independents seem to be doing just fine. They took the time to build a reputation and then moved it to the next level.

 

Posted 5/2/2012 at 12:33:48 PM

14 of 34
Bush_Whacker
Reviews: 35
Send Mail to Bush_Whacker
The latest revision from the Dept of Labor has significantly revised the 2011 Atlanta employment figures upward indicating growth and recovery.  I don't dispute the fact that Atlanta was harder hit by builders overbuilding and banks extending loans to people who had no business buying homes.

However, the answer to the question is more closely tied to simple supply-and-demand economics:  There is an oversupply of beautiful women in Atlanta working in the escort business, and when supply increases, all other things being equal, price decreases.  This economic fact is further compounded by another economic fact:  when the economy turns down, more women enter into this business and at the same time the men, again because of the economy, have less to spend.  Both factors working together drive the average escort price down.

So, it really has nothing to do with men in Atlanta being "cheap" as one or more have indicated - it is just an economic fact that if a commodity is available at $275, why be an idiot and pay $400, $500, $600, or more for the same commodity?  Granted, there are a few Providers that differentiate themselves in the higher price points, but not all who ask that price have anything to differentiate themselves that warrants the price delta.






 

Posted 5/2/2012 at 1:24:20 PM

15 of 34
Of course it has to do with clients being cheap. There's nothing wrong with being cheap. As you've noted, why be wasteful and spend $500 when you can buy a comparable product for only $275. But to think that just because someone acts logically does not make him cheap is being disingenuous.

Quote:
Posted By: JohnProctor

So, it really has nothing to do with men in Atlanta being "cheap" as one or more have indicated - it is just an economic fact that if a commodity is available at $275, why be an idiot and pay $400, $500, $600, or more for the same commodity?  Granted, there are a few Providers that differentiate themselves in the higher price points, but not all who ask that price have anything to differentiate themselves that warrants the price delta.


 

Posted 5/2/2012 at 3:14:44 PM

16 of 34
I know that my rate is above the market rate but I think my reviews demonstrate that the guys who pay it are happy with the outcome.  There will always be guys looking to get the lowest price and that’s certainly their right to do.  I do know that my dance card has been sufficiently full lately to bring in the money I need to maintain my standard of living.  I’m sure many of my fellow ladies have realized that there are more lucrative markets than Atlanta.  I’ve been giving serious consideration to leaving myself.  It’s not about a lack of business as much as the ability to make more in another location.  The place I’m leaning towards would allow me to raise my rates and lower my cost of living.  The biggest struggle is that I’d have to leave Atlanta behind and I’ve made so many great friends here.  I’ve got a couple months left on my lease, so I have a little time to figure it out.



s/k


 

Posted 5/2/2012 at 3:35:25 PM

17 of 34
gon4good
Reviews: 1
Send Mail to gon4good
Being in the construction biz, my income has been cut on half in the last five years, consequently, so has my hobby budget!! Even so, my limit is 300, no matter what. I just don't hobby as much. BTW, this is how a thread is supposed to be. No drama, no sarcasm, just different views and opinions. Good job all.

Quote:
Posted By: Khori
I know that my rate is above the market rate but I think my reviews demonstrate that the guys who pay it are happy with the outcome.  There will always be guys looking to get the lowest price and that’s certainly their right to do.  I do know that my dance card has been sufficiently full lately to bring in the money I need to maintain my standard of living.  I’m sure many of my fellow ladies have realized that there are more lucrative markets than Atlanta.  I’ve been giving serious consideration to leaving myself.  It’s not about a lack of business as much as the ability to make more in another location.  The place I’m leaning towards would allow me to raise my rates and lower my cost of living.  The biggest struggle is that I’d have to leave Atlanta behind and I’ve made so many great friends here.  I’ve got a couple months left on my lease, so I have a little time to figure it out.



s/k


 

Posted 5/2/2012 at 4:48:54 PM

18 of 34
You should strike while the iron is still hot, so to speak. No working girl can indefinitely charge whatever they want forever. Time and getting older is not an ally when it comes to the sex hobby.

Quote:
Posted By: Khori
I know that my rate is above the market rate but I think my reviews demonstrate that the guys who pay it are happy with the outcome.  There will always be guys looking to get the lowest price and that’s certainly their right to do.  I do know that my dance card has been sufficiently full lately to bring in the money I need to maintain my standard of living.  I’m sure many of my fellow ladies have realized that there are more lucrative markets than Atlanta.  I’ve been giving serious consideration to leaving myself.  It’s not about a lack of business as much as the ability to make more in another location.  The place I’m leaning towards would allow me to raise my rates and lower my cost of living.  The biggest struggle is that I’d have to leave Atlanta behind and I’ve made so many great friends here.  I’ve got a couple months left on my lease, so I have a little time to figure it out.



s/k


 

Posted 5/2/2012 at 4:52:45 PM

19 of 34
Agreed. The level of discourse and civility (i.e. drama free threads) has been raised dramatically ever since the new TER changes have been implemented (e.g. removal of TER volunteer mods, adding "report post" and "ignore" functionality, etc.). These changes were much needed to remedy the damage caused by some.

I thoroughly enjoy the TER forums now. Thank you TER!

Quote:
Posted By: gon4good
BTW, this is how a thread is supposed to be. No drama, no sarcasm, just different views and opinions. Good job all.


 

Posted 5/2/2012 at 4:58:01 PM

20 of 34
bwcoyote
I agree with pretty much what has been previously stated in terms of economics.

From participation elsewhere it does seem ATL has a bad rep for touring ladies.  But ladies coming here with just  a few reviews at best, need to understand that we hobbyists are blessed with a plethora of more than acceptable alternatives in a variety of price ranges.  So, no matter the price range, the lady is facing better known, local competition.  Plus, we also have a better awareness of the reviewers as well as the ladies reviewed.  

Atlanta also is fortunate to have several reputable agencies which does not seem to always be the case in other areas.  So, the touring lady also has the agencies with which to contend.

And yes, we have our share of B&S here with visiting ladies.  So, the reputable touring lady has a certain level of skepticism with which to contend.

And, we guys are partly to blame for the poor reputation.  Ladies post here that they are interested in coming.  We respond favorably but rarely with a definitive committment.  The ladies assume that with all the postive responses that they will be booked solid.  Not always the case.  

And lastly, the touring lady sometimes causes her own problems by not factoring in location given our traffic restrictions or placing her ads after she has arrived.

My only question is how prevalent any of these are for other areas that our ladies tour.



 

Posted 5/2/2012 at 5:00:00 PM

21 of 34
I'd heard bad things about NCNS and cancellations for Atlanta as well, but I only had one person flake out on me and I caught on to him early and filled the date with no problem.  I was diligent about verifying who I saw and who their references were, as well as following up a few times before arriving.  

I seem to attract really wonderful people and I'm very thankful for it.  I'm where I am supposed to be, when I am supposed to be there, and they are too, for the most part.  Thank you for that!!  =)))

 

Posted 5/2/2012 at 6:43:44 PM

22 of 34
Daysgoneby
Reviews: 4
Send Mail to Daysgoneby
This city has quite of few ladies that know how to really do their craft in a way that makes the recipients of their hard work, very satisfied.

Not to know the ladies coming into town; but the ATL girls who are local really give the hobby community all they can handle.

As for prices, there is no right, wrong, high or low price. It is all what a person is willing to pay, and what a provider is willing to work for.

I have my limits as well because I think that a person has to factor in that $250/300 is a lot of money for one hours time, when combined with what I will not earn in my profession. The real cost of an hour out of the day is substantially more.



 

Posted 5/2/2012 at 7:20:33 PM

23 of 34
Atlanta is the Major Leagues, imho. The gents know their stuff. The ladies are TALENTED at their craft, look great, have EXCELLENT incall locations compared to other cities, imho (with the exception of a few) AND they are actually pretty damn awesome at branding, market analysis and marketing. Also, the ladies in Atlanta are a pretty tight knit bunch, I am thoroughly impressed on a dialy basis by the quality of Atlanta ladies. Even when some do not get along from time to time, they still maintain their professionalism, for the most part.

I have never seen a problem with NCNS in Atlanta on the part of the gents. But, as in any "Appointment based business", there is that 10%-20% cancel/reschedule rate. Perhaps some expect 100% of appointments to work out? It takes a bit more to cultivate the Atlanta market than other markets I have toured such as NYC, LA, DC, Orlando, Philly and San Diego...in those cities, you roll in, make new friends, folks pay premium and are fine with it. Perhaps Atlanta hobbyists are a tight knit bunch as well??? That can be intimdating to someone new, I am sure.  There seems to be more backchannel, more research that goes into a decision. That seems to keep the ladies on their toes and their game sharp. If you can make it in Atlanta, other large cities are a cake walk!I have learned from touring... Atlanta ladies have a SUPERB REPUTATION in other cities! And I have realized, that reputation would not exist without the ATLANTA GENTS! And the fine Atlanat ladies!

Khori, I hope you don't leave! That would be a major loss for Atlanta! :(

 

Posted 5/2/2012 at 7:21:24 PM

24 of 34
frespch
Like any other small business some succeed and some fail.

You have a woman post an ad stating she is new to being an escort. She wants to come into the market at $350 an hour incall. She is attractive but not a 9 or 10 imho. Her skills are an unknown and she apparently does not want to offer any "get to know me" specials.

Will she succeed? Who knows? I doubt that many guys that are part of the TER scene will see her until someone "toftt". Too much risk for the faint of heart. What does she do when her business does not take off in ATL. She goes on tour hoping to earn that way. Without reviews and no history, how will she do touring? I know for me, I almost never see a touring lady. Most of the ones we get have less than flattering reviews or worse are less attractive than known ladies here asking for less money.

Anyone who doesn’t think the economy struggling to overcome abuse isn't having a financial effect on the Atlanta adult scene is mistaken. It is obvious in the postings and ads for more of the upper echelon providers that even their market share is suffering. I can only imagine that some of the borderline providers, those with 7's and 8's for looks and performance will be cutting their rates back to between $200 and $250 just like several of the agencies do already on a regular basis.

Competition is becoming more fierce as the BackPage providers start to advertise on Cityvibe chasing the Cityvibe providers to try TER and EROS. Atlanta has always boasted about having many outstanding providers. The problem is are there enough outstanding hobbyists to keep them in business?

 

Posted 5/2/2012 at 8:31:54 PM

25 of 34
I thought she made it pretty clear that her decision to leave Atlanta is predicated on personal financial gain (charge higher rates, pay lower cost of living) and personal feelings (friends, local familiarity), not on whether it would be a "major loss for Atlanta".

I don't think anyone should behoove her for doing whatever she feels is in her best interests, especially when it comes to "striking while the iron is hot" as the window of opportunity closes with the passing of time.

Quote:
Posted By: GingerTaylor1234


Khori, I hope you don't leave! That would be a major loss for Atlanta! :(


 

Posted 5/2/2012 at 8:36:11 PM

26 of 34
If I were a working girl, I'd be in North Dakota and working the oil industry communities there that have sprung up recently. Sure, the land is flatter than an A-Cup and there's nothing to do for fun as far as the eye can see. But you've also got lots of relatively uneducated young men in great physical shape that are rolling in oil money and dying to get laid. Sure beats all the old, fat, cheap geezers that seem to congregate in Atlanta.

But that's just me.

Quote:
Posted By: frespch
Atlanta has always boasted about having many outstanding providers. The problem is are there enough outstanding hobbyists to keep them in business?


 

Posted 5/3/2012 at 6:09:26 AM

27 of 34
Hapsam
Reviews: 25
Send Mail to Hapsam
I would assume that many women enter this profession out of economic necessity but not as a career choice.  I have met a couple of ladies who were a lot of fun and reasonably priced who escorted on and off depending on their economic circumstances.  They work for a couple of months, take care of their money issues and move on.  Often they have limited work skills, husband/boyfriend loses his job and escorting is a quick solution to paying the rent, etc.  

 

Posted 5/3/2012 at 6:55:22 PM

28 of 34


-- Modified on 5/3/2012 9:58:11 PM

 

Posted 5/3/2012 at 7:20:07 PM

29 of 34

Posted 5/3/2012 at 9:10:15 PM

30 of 34
Just to save a 50? A benny? that' terrible.

Quote:
Posted By: KissMyAuraDora
"Atlanta is notorious for cancellations and no-shows. "

Yes it is....& it's done on purpose. Atlanta is a "Known " Agency town....& some of them have their johns, I mean clients call & schedule, then cancel (can you say thank you discounts) on the touring girls so they don't come back...& that's the truth. That's the REAL reason you don't see many touring girls around Atlanta.

EOM


 

Posted 5/3/2012 at 9:13:11 PM

31 of 34

Posted 5/4/2012 at 3:26:44 AM

32 of 34

Posted 5/4/2012 at 7:58:51 AM

33 of 34
Like I said, things are moving fast and furious up there. Lots of money to be had for the entrepreneurial escort. The same can't be said for Slow-Lanta, where old, fat, cheap clients are concerned.



 

Posted 5/8/2012 at 1:13:50 PM

34 of 34