Las Vegas

View: Tree | Flat

Re: parking valets LIVE for...

Posted 4/16/2012 at 5:00:00 PM

1 of 24
McDonald000
Reviews: 91
Send Mail to McDonald000
just to use my car at my own home. Sometimes I literally don't have money on me every time, especially at my own home. Besides, I don't trust those valet parking guys, I would much rather park my own car. Sucks that your place requires valet parking only, so, I assume you can't park the car yourself?

Just don't tip. It's their job. Tipping is just a bonus for them. It's not like its culturally accepted. I wouldn't tip. That's too much of a hassle for me. Let's see, sometimes I use my car about 4 or 5 times a day, and if I tip 5 dollars every time, that would be $25 a day. In one week that would be $175, in a month, that would be $750, and in one year, that would be $9,000.

Sorry, if you ask me, those numbers don't make much sense. With Gasoline price going up, and all other expenses on the rise, you have to try to save as much as you can. At the end of the day, the only person that you need to satisfy is yourself.

Those guys signed up for those jobs for a reason, and they know that not everyone will tip. Don't tip if you don't want to. No one is forcing you to. I would not tip if I was in your position.

 

Posted 4/16/2012 at 5:00:00 PM

2 of 24
link.taylor
Reviews: 12
Send Mail to link.taylor
Or how about wearing a low cut shirt and just be a clumsy little girl...constantly dropping your keys and picking them up by bending at the waist...but do it....slowly.

 

Posted 4/17/2012 at 9:44:54 AM

3 of 24
Next month I move to a high rise in Las Vegas. I have always lived in a house in the suburbs. At my new home there is valet parking ONLY. I assumed that every time I get my car I will have to tip. The real estate agent who manages the apartment said that I am not supposed to tip at all.  She said that they get paid very well and it is part of the service charge for living there. I'm afraid she may have said that just to make the apartment seem more attractive.
Does any one else have experience with this? I don't want to seem like the bitch who doesn't tip if I should. Also, if I should tip, what is the appropriate  amount each time I get my car?

 

Posted 4/17/2012 at 10:07:05 AM

4 of 24
Your regular hotel/restaurant valet basically lives on the tips (kind of like your waiter, but even more so), but in many residential buildings there is a strict 'no tip' policy for all staff including valet because it's a huge hassle for the tenants.

With that said, most of the employees will still accept a tip and you will get better service.  I would double check with other residents or the onsite property manager for clarification.

As to the amount.  The more generous you are, the better service you get (i.e. your car will always be parked at the front of the garage and you'll be out in no time), however, you can garner almost as much attention with a creative tip.  For example, a folded $5 is nice, but an origami $2 bill in the shape of a bow tie or a heart or... will get you an equal amount of attention especially if delivered on a regular basis. Take a few minutes to learn to fold bills creatively and the boys and girls in valet will get to know you quickly.  That with a charming personality should be all you need.

With that said, the guy who drives the Lambo and tips $20 every time will definitely get better service, but he's the rare exception.

Quote:
Posted By: Heathergfe
Next month I move to a high rise in Las Vegas. I have always lived in a house in the suburbs. At my new home there is valet parking ONLY. I assumed that every time I get my car I will have to tip. The real estate agent who manages the apartment said that I am not supposed to tip at all.  She said that they get paid very well and it is part of the service charge for living there. I'm afraid she may have said that just to make the apartment seem more attractive.
Does any one else have experience with this? I don't want to seem like the bitch who doesn't tip if I should. Also, if I should tip, what is the appropriate  amount each time I get my car?


Related Link: Valet Tips

 

Posted 4/17/2012 at 10:21:55 AM

5 of 24
If you live there, you don't tip.  You're already paying for that service in your rent or association fee.

But your visitors, family, etc should tip.

I did tip if the valets helped me carry groceries or carry in something heavy.  They are supposed to do this as a courtesy but Id tip anyway.

Also, most residents will give them a Christmas "gift" at the end of the year for their good service throughout the year.

Quote:
Posted By: Heathergfe
Next month I move to a high rise in Las Vegas. I have always lived in a house in the suburbs. At my new home there is valet parking ONLY. I assumed that every time I get my car I will have to tip. The real estate agent who manages the apartment said that I am not supposed to tip at all.  She said that they get paid very well and it is part of the service charge for living there. I'm afraid she may have said that just to make the apartment seem more attractive.
Does any one else have experience with this? I don't want to seem like the bitch who doesn't tip if I should. Also, if I should tip, what is the appropriate  amount each time I get my car?


 

Posted 4/17/2012 at 10:58:07 AM

6 of 24

Posted 4/17/2012 at 11:09:56 AM

7 of 24
Oh, I'm sorry. Is there a sexual content rule for posting on this board? Maybe if i included a "F%*k You" in my post you would have not been offended?

 

Posted 4/17/2012 at 11:31:46 AM

8 of 24
"Tipping Valet" in general would have passed. My opinion, would never live in a highrise but if I did, would probably tip weekly at the beginning or end vs. tipping each time. Perhaps a gift card to a restaurant or a Visa prepay every week, month, etc. That way you are giving a lump sum vs. 10 bucks for drop off and pick up each time.

 

Posted 4/17/2012 at 12:21:52 PM

9 of 24

Posted 4/17/2012 at 12:35:37 PM

10 of 24
no_email
Reviews: 3
Send Mail to no_email
These valets are most likely to be male. I would guess you are a hot female. Now after the valet parks your car. He will probably get out, crouch down on his knees bury his face in your seat, and inhale as deep as he possibly can.

That's his tip right there, if he's real nice leave a pair of panties in the car for him.

 

Posted 4/17/2012 at 12:44:31 PM

11 of 24
Quote:
Posted By: bigvern
These valets are most likely to be male. I would guess you are a hot female. Now after the valet parks your car. He will probably get out, crouch down on his knees bury his face in your seat, and inhale as deep as he possibly can.

That's his tip right there, if he's real nice leave a pair of panties in the car for him.



I like the way you think! Now I am getting an idea on how to turn this thread around so that it is more relevant to the subject matter! Let's think of fun naughty ways I can keep the valet happy without having to have a wad of fives in my purse at all times. I was thinking of baking them cookies but maybe a flash of panties is a better idea.


 

Posted 4/17/2012 at 1:01:16 PM

12 of 24

Posted 4/18/2012 at 5:44:40 AM

13 of 24

...the hot women in short skirts!  

seriously, though...I would keep my eyes open and see what is "traditional" in your building.  where I live, the valets have signs prominently placed that say, "TIPS APPRECIATED".  well, alrighty then.  a lot of people tip every time their car is retrieved, others seem to tip generously on an annual basis in the obligatory holiday card.  personally, I don't see that one way or another gets better service.  honestly, it seems the people who complain the loudest are the ones who get the most prompt attention.

me, I go for the panty (or not) flash.  THAT seems to work every time!!

 

Posted 4/18/2012 at 6:51:50 AM

14 of 24
World Champ
Reviews: 28
Send Mail to World Champ
When you move in just slip the main man a $20 and tell him you have been told not to tip but you know how hard he works!

Holiday time take care of them again.

Combined with a few flashes and they will be waiting on you hand and foot!

 

Posted 4/18/2012 at 7:01:58 AM

15 of 24
golmgo
Reviews: 17
Send Mail to golmgo
You don't tip for the day to day "in and outs" (to use a hobby term). The best thing you can do is to treat them with respect and kindness. Like Tracey said so well, if they help you with your groceries or something heavy, absolutely show your appreciation with a tip. Besides holdiay gifts, we used to also bring them down food and other goodies from time to time. If you are having pizza delivered, it couldn't hurt to think of them once in a while.

 

Posted 4/18/2012 at 10:33:06 AM

16 of 24

Posted 4/18/2012 at 2:08:19 PM

17 of 24
I tried to stop tipping and they started acting very cold to me. I started tipping again and the customer service took a 180 with smiles and skip in their walk. I think my $5 is worth the better customer service.

 

Posted 4/18/2012 at 5:00:00 PM

18 of 24

Posted 4/18/2012 at 9:12:40 PM

19 of 24
perfectstorm
Reviews: 13
Send Mail to perfectstorm
The OP and most of the replies are from there, prior to it being moved.

 

Posted 4/19/2012 at 1:27:27 AM

20 of 24
lvchi4u
Reviews: 14
Send Mail to lvchi4u
NO... you do not have to tip every time you go in and out of your car...

The tips are part of the Monthly Association Dues that owners in the tower pay every month.

HOWEVER... I do enjoy having my car ready when I call down...  and I enjoy just being able to pull in and leave my car with the keys in the ignition as I go on up knowing the Valet guys are looking out for me.

Some full time residents of the tower I am in pay about $1,000 a year ... for the part timers... we pay about $300 a year in a lump sum which goes to all of the people.... not just valet... but also goes to the Concierge and Security that are looking out for us.

You don't have to pay anything... but I suggest you do ---- to have people looking out for you.

I'll message you to see if it's in my tower and I'll help / clarify on this so you feel comfortable with what is going on..

Cheers!







Quote:
Posted By: Heathergfe
Next month I move to a high rise in Las Vegas. I have always lived in a house in the suburbs. At my new home there is valet parking ONLY. I assumed that every time I get my car I will have to tip. The real estate agent who manages the apartment said that I am not supposed to tip at all.  She said that they get paid very well and it is part of the service charge for living there. I'm afraid she may have said that just to make the apartment seem more attractive.
Does any one else have experience with this? I don't want to seem like the bitch who doesn't tip if I should. Also, if I should tip, what is the appropriate  amount each time I get my car?


 

Posted 4/19/2012 at 1:46:29 AM

21 of 24
lvchi4u
Reviews: 14
Send Mail to lvchi4u
Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas!

Ladies always welcomed...

;)

Quote:
Posted By: lvchi4u
NO... you do not have to tip every time you go in and out of your car...

The tips are part of the Monthly Association Dues that owners in the tower pay every month.

HOWEVER... I do enjoy having my car ready when I call down...  and I enjoy just being able to pull in and leave my car with the keys in the ignition as I go on up knowing the Valet guys are looking out for me.

Some full time residents of the tower I am in pay about $1,000 a year ... for the part timers... we pay about $300 a year in a lump sum which goes to all of the people.... not just valet... but also goes to the Concierge and Security that are looking out for us.

You don't have to pay anything... but I suggest you do ---- to have people looking out for you.

I'll message you to see if it's in my tower and I'll help / clarify on this so you feel comfortable with what is going on..

Cheers!







Quote:
Posted By: Heathergfe
Next month I move to a high rise in Las Vegas. I have always lived in a house in the suburbs. At my new home there is valet parking ONLY. I assumed that every time I get my car I will have to tip. The real estate agent who manages the apartment said that I am not supposed to tip at all.  She said that they get paid very well and it is part of the service charge for living there. I'm afraid she may have said that just to make the apartment seem more attractive.
Does any one else have experience with this? I don't want to seem like the bitch who doesn't tip if I should. Also, if I should tip, what is the appropriate  amount each time I get my car?


 

Posted 4/19/2012 at 10:16:55 AM

22 of 24
How rude...
So now if we don't talk about at least blowing someone's...mind

Then the subject doesn't belong here?
Open your eyes baby it's called: DISCUSSION  BOARD...
Not talk about sex board right? (correct me if I'm just crazy here)

This is a community and those are the best to gather very interesting infos.
The prof is on the thread, now she knows what to do.

What a fucking tipping with blow job would have to do with this anyway...
Give a 15sec blow Job everytime the valet park her car...?

Man...I hate stupidity.

-- Modified on 4/19/2012 10:20:08 AM

 

Posted 4/24/2012 at 12:08:53 AM

23 of 24
I have no idea but it could get real expensive if you come and go a few times a day. I think I would only tip if it was raining or really cold. Now if it was a chick that was the valet nd she happen to bend over just right or showed me some titts I would tip.

 

Posted 4/24/2012 at 12:12:55 AM

24 of 24
Very funny and very fitting. When ladies start giving blowies everytime they get their car I'll start working as a valet.